Windmill Windows can now offer Accoya® as one of our timber materials, the world’s leading high technology long life wood!
Accoya® wood is the result of more than 75 years’ research development that have brought together a long-established and extensively researched wood modification technique, acetylation, and leading-edge technology to create and make this extraordinary “new wood” commercially available for the first time and is set to become the material of choice for exterior applications.
It is by far the most sustainable material available, harvesting fast growing abundantly available soft wood and creating a class 1 durable material through the acetylation process, which itself is an environmentally friendly process. The result is a material that not only looks fantastic but provides the lowest maintenance and greatest thermal efficiency in the timber world.
Accoya® is perfect for outdoor use, with the performance of the best tropical hardwoods and much more besides:
- Class 1 durability – the best available
- Outstanding dimensional stability which dramatically improves coatings adhesion and product performance
- Lasting for 50 years above ground and 25 years in-ground
- Environmental compatibility – non-toxic, 100% recyclable and sourced from sustainable forests
- Consistent, measurable quality all the way through the wood, not just at the surface
- Retained natural strength and beauty, increased hardness
- Consistent supply from sustainably managed forests and plantations
For an in depth understanding of the benefits and sustainability of using Accoya, please visit their main website through the image below: